Thursday, August 01, 2024

More Reasons For a Joy Journal

 On May 25th I wrote about starting a Joy Journal and discovering those things that make your heart sing. I want to add another perspective and reason for keeping a journal that documents those moments of delight.

If you have been challenged with health concerns - acute and chronic, long term stress, trauma, unsafe conditions, or more, you may still be experiencing a state of hyper-vigilance - a state of being highly alert to danger or threats.

Joe Dispenza asks:

"If your health goals come true, how would you feel? Can you feel the feeling?"

Hyper-vigilant people often have the hardest time FEELING JOY. When you are able to feel joy you are open, receptive and expansive. In a hyper-vigilant state you will often be closed off ready for the next shoe to drop. It's hard, then, to FEEL your health goals.

As with most challenges, step-by-step allows the learning to be at a pace that feels safe for you. Joy can be experienced by the small things and this still allows the brain to start the rewiring process.

I understand the experience of living through trauma and trying to repair the hyper-vigilant state. I also know it is hard to stay in that place of joy for extended
periods of time. And, I also know how great it is to laugh with the antics of my grandson, to watch the squirrel try to get the bird food, to enjoy my cat purring as she wakes me up in the morning.Those memories and feelings stay with me.

Something more to consider:


 



No comments: