Monday, May 20, 2024

Temporal Tapping to Shift Beliefs

  • Temporal tapping is an ancient technique originally used for pain control in the Orient.
  • Dr. George Goodheart, the founder of applied kinesiology, discovered that tapping along the temporal area of the head can "temporarily shift the mechanisms that filter sensory input."
  • If you introduce an affirmation while tapping, the mind is very receptive to it. 
  • However, because the left brain hemisphere is the control center and highly critical, statements made with a negative wording are more easily assimilated.
  • The right brain hemisphere receives positive statements more easily.
  • Tapping begins at the temple, then around the ear and down towards the throat. From the side it looks as if you are tapping a bog question mark. 
  • Tap from the front to the back about 5 times while making the statement. 
  • Start with the left side and the negative wording of a concern and then repeat with the right side and a positive statement. 

EXAMPLE:

Temporal Tap LEFT: "I no longer feel pain." or "I am releasing the resentment I have with my father." or "I am learning to be productive with my feelings of anger." 

Temporal Tap RIGHT: "I am relaxing my body." or "I choose to enjoy the relationship with my father." or "I am willing to focus on joy." 

Repeat several times a day, if necessary, to change your perception.

 

No comments: